Thursday, September 08, 2005

Jenn and Baby Grace - September 8

Dear Friends,

Our doctor has seen Jenn again and taken another ultrasound. The levels are up to an acceptable level being around 7.1cc which is the good news. However, the doctor thinks that they have increased due in large measure to the IV that Jenn is on in the hospital. That being the case it seems that he is prepared to keep her there until the baby is born next month. He has been vague as to the specific plan of action or if there is any possibility of her coming home anytime in the next month.

Jenn asked him why the fluid level has dropped like this and he seems to think that it is because of Jenn's other medical condition having Lupus anticoagulant which has the tendency to cause low fluid levels during pregnancy. Also, because the heart rate is slow Grace is not urinating as frequently as she would otherwise. Jenn is taking the situation well all things consider and we realize that this is a small sacrifice to pay when we consider the long-term health of our baby.

For my part I try to be with her in the hospital as much as possible realizing that my first responsibility and first ministry is to my family. Fortunately she is in such wonderful hands that when I cannot be there I know that she is being cared for by the best medical staff possible. She is doing great otherwise other than being bored and getting sick of lying down or sitting on a chair with an IV in her arm.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at GodFollower1983@cox.net and I will try to answer anything that you want to know.

Soli Deo Gloria

4 comments:

Ben said...

I know that Bethany was very afraid of having to stay in the hospital for an extended length of time. How is Jen taking it? Is she getting cabin fever? I'm sure she must be.

Amie said...

wow.

being separated from melanie that much would kill me, i hope you're stronger.

and yeah, what ben said.

I was just thinking... said...

Yeah, it is definitely difficult for Jenn. Last night they brought in a rollaway bed and I spent the night there which was good for both of us. The night before last we both almost started crying saying goodbye to each other. I should be able to stay there several days a week depending on my schedule the next morning.

I can't shower there so I have to plan ahead to be back here before going out anywhere. I brought over our laptop yesterday and we were able to log onto the internet and also watch a DVD. I'll try some board games even though I am not much of a game person.

Amie said...

ibook or powerbook? ;)

aside from board games, i'd recommend reading to each other (if you don't already). a celibate season is an interesting one.