Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


I won't say much about this book because nothing really needs to be said. In anticipation of the movie I dusted off my old copy of this classic book and reread it. What struck me this time was the brevity of the story! Over the years since college I have read hundreds of novels and I forgot how quickly this one reads. I first read this book in fourth grade, again in college while taking a class on C.S. Lewis and once again this week. I think I enjoyed it more each time.

I would encourage you to read this book before seeing the movie. Not so much so you can criticize the movie but to give your imagination one last attempt at creating your own view of Narnia before it is forever changed by seeing the film. I haven't seen the film yet but I am looking forward to comparing the two. If there are significant comments about the movie I will post my thoughts.

2 comments:

Kyle Bjerga said...

I saw the Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and it was really good. I believe it was very true to the first movie that was done, and if I remember it was pretty true to the book (I read it in high school so not sure if I remember it all.) But, there were awesome special effects and of course the story is awesome...great pictures on your last post!

Kim Robbins said...

I also saw the movie and I thought it was good, but it didn't seem like the director was in love with the story. There were a lot of times where it fell flat instead of really showing the hearts of the characters. Too bad but a good movie over all.