Friday, December 09, 2005

A Few Fun Photos of Friends and Family (say it 10 times fast)

This is actually one of my favorite shots of Grace and Jenn taken while we were up at a friend's cabin in Big Bear, CA. I believe this night we had a fire going and it was nice and toasty in the cabin. Grace loves to nap after a feeding (who doesn't?) and if Jenn isn't careful by the time she is done burping Grace they are both having a nice little rest. Download the picture soon because it won't be here long when Jenn checks the blog! Hurry!


This is my attempt to be an amateur photographer. Only a few problems, first I am using a digital pocket camera and two, I have to take 200 shots to get one decent one. I guess I won't quite my day job however this was a great little hike along the lake!


I told you that we borrowed a friend's cabin up in Big Bear for the week prior to Thanksgiving. Well, this is not it. I just wanted to see if you are actually reading the captions or if you are just looking at the pictures. This was a building along the side of the road that I randomly shot because it was big and made of wood. Not the greatest criteria for taking a picture but hey, its a digital camera. One of the perks of not using film.


One of my best friends came out to visit over Thanksgiving at Jenn's parents' house up in Glendora, CA. It was an opportunity for him to finally see Grace. He was out the weekend before Grace was born when we still thought her birth was weeks away. I first met Vic when I was youth pastor in Lombard back in 1995. He's a good man.


I think that this is my new favorite picture of Grace and me. It is also one of those rare shots that I have glasses on instead of my contacts. I think that it was one of those lazy days after Thanksgiving where you sit around and read between snacking and putting up the Christmas tree. Of course in reality I was reading and snacking and Jenn, her mom and her sister were putting up the tree. Jenn is a wonderful decorator and I just try to get colors to match. Jenn's tree looks like Martha Stewart and if I did the tree it would look like one of Martha's old roommates.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Great photos! One of my favorite memories of when Thomas was that young was him napping on my chest as I slept. Oh, and don't worry about having to take tons of pictures before you find one you like. Even the best professional photographers get on average 1 good photo per roll of film.

I was just thinking... said...

Dear Ben,

I wonder how many people will actually read the quote above the cabin shot and realize that was not the cabin we stayed in. HA!

Yeah, but I average about 1 in 200 so it is a good thing its digital.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I'd be lucky to get 1 good one per roll as well. The more I study good photography, the more I hate my own pictures. By the way, I once read an interview with a national geographic photographer who said he would take 10,000 pictures for one article! Keep it up.

Kim Robbins said...

I love the shadow in that pic you took. Great compostion. And Jen looks beautiful with Grace. Don't let her take it down.