Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Baby Grace Update since Surgery



I just wanted to give everyone a quick update to how Grace is doing. As you can see from the picture I took this morning she is happy and has her full energy back after the surgery. They took out the stitches on Monday and she should be good to go. We will have a follow-up with the cardiologist next month and then they will check it every three to six months after that. Since the pacemaker is so small they will have to replace the battery in a year and a half or two years but that won't be as bad of a procedure.

On the personal front, Jenn and I are going up to Big Bear, CA for a week-long vacation then driving down to Jenn's parents' in Glendora for Thanksgiving. Big Bear is located about a 45 minutes east of where her parents live although I was told it was a two hour drive. We'll see.

Things have been pretty quiet otherwise since we got home from the hospital. It is hard to believe that it has already been a week! Some day I will write some of my observations and comments about my experiences over the last few months. One of the things that I think of is how you go through difficult times a moment at a time. If I had known everything that was going to happen over the last six months I would have thought that I could never deal with it. And if all the events and emotions had been concentrated into a moment in time, I never would have been able to endure. But all the heartache and difficulties were spread over six months and God knew how much I could handle each day and only allowed that much. In addition He gave me the grace and strength I needed to endure.

I'll comment more on this some other time. The one thought I would like to leave is that God's grace enables you to handle the difficulties that life throws at you one day at a time.

Sincerely,

David Monreal

3 comments:

Kim Robbins said...

She looks so good! I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving.

All my ♥
Kim

Ben said...

I'm really happy that she's doing so well. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

She's healing well and is so cute! Thank you for posting an update. I hope your family gets much needed rest and relaxation in Big Bear and Glendora. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Blessings,

Jenn C.