Friday, April 14, 2006

The Eternal Pumpkin



No, I haven't dropped out of the ministry and joined the Charlie Brown Cult. This photo was taken in front of our house four days before Easter. Before Easter!!! We bought this pumpkin sometime back in mid-October. We decided to have a fall harvest theme back then (That's Christian for Halloween) and it seemed okay so we decided to leave it through Thanksgiving.

After that it seemed a shame to just throw it out since it was still rock solid and not rotting at all. It looked a little strange with the Christmas tree but we decided to live with it. This week, with fear and trembling I decided to pick it up and see if it was ready for the trash heap. I gingerly lifted it off the ground with trepidation and to my absolute amazement it was still solid!

Is this common or has my pumpkin petrified? If any of you have had a similar experience let me know. For now I'm considering it our second pet. I'll keep you posted on its survival.

4 comments:

J. Grant Dys said...

I hope this hasn't slipped by you, sir, but have you checked to see if on the bottom it reads, "Made in Taiwan" and has a "Please recycle all plastics" sign stamped thereon?

I was just thinking... said...

Jeremy, Ha, ha. Very funny. Yes I know that this is a real, formally lving pumpkin. My fear is that it is going to rot and give off this awful stench. I even checked to see if it had sprouted a root system. So far so good.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...That's puzzling. My best guess is it's operating under the Old Testament, you know, the same one that Methuselah (sp?), Noah and those other old dead dudes did. Either that or look hard for images of the virgin Mary, it may be like, a sign from God or something. ;)

Amie said...

i guess that's what living near the desert gets you 0_o