Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Okay, here are a few pictures of the Subaru Crash



This is a picture of where I slid off the road.  As you can tell by the tire tracks I was spinning out of control at the time that I launched the Subaru.


These two pictures is where I launched the car into the culvert.  The best I can gauge it was about 10 or 12 feet in the air while still spinning and landing about 6-8 feet down.



The last two are top views from the road level which shows how far down the car flew and where it landed.



I thought for sure the car was totaled.  It took two and a half hours and two four-wheel drive tow trucks to get the car out.  But after cleaning it off it was only the front left tire and suspension that were broken and some of the trimming in the front and side.  Honestly this car is built to last!

As I reviewed the accident I realize how much worse it could have been.  If I had lost control a few seconds earlier I would have hit the cement beams holding up the overpass I had just crossed under.  If I had been just a foot or two over my underside of the car would have caught on the cement lip on the culvert and it would have been a much different type of accident.  God's hand of protection was clearly on me while I was spinning out of control.

1 comment:

The Egan Family said...

First, and most importantly, we are so glad you weren't hurt! But second, that last sentence is just begging to be worked into a sermon illustration! Who knew being a good pastor could be so dangerous?