Monday, November 02, 2009

Good Night Sophia Elisabeth Monreal



Dear Sophia Elisabeth Monreal,

What a day it has been.  We have been excited and nervous for your arrival for months.  Last night as your mom and I prayed we knew that a journey was ending and a new adventure beginning.  Your name means wisdom and we have asked for God’s wisdom every step of the way.  At so many points along this journey we didn’t know which way to go and the Lord provided the way and made our path straight.

Having you has been quite a journey, and I mean that literally.  We drove thousands of miles over the months for doctor’s appointments and your mom was willing to go through a lot to see you born healthy.  It was also a spiritual journey of trusting our Savior and trusting that He gives wisdom to those who ask in faith.  Watching you be born and hearing the sound of your voice made it all worth it.

We have longed for another child and we have loved you from the moment we knew you were coming.  The moment I saw you for the first time a place in my heart opened up for you and I sensed a new pool of love for you without loosing a drop of love for your brother and sister.

Another little girl in the house! This morning as I held you in my arms I thought of all the joy we will share in life: dances with daddy and walks in the park, going out for ice cream and swinging in my arms, these are the things I look forward to.  I told you all about your big brother and big sister, how much they love you and how happy they are that you’re here.  You’re big brother is all boy so you better watch out!  But big sis will take you under her wing and teach you everything she knows.

We talked all afternoon and I never wanted to put you down.  I kissed your forehead and I kissed your cheek.  I laid you on my chest and watched you fall asleep (I started to fall asleep too!).  These days are so short and one has already passed.  Days will turn into weeks and months and years.  In all those future days, here are two things I always want you to know.  First, I will always love you and nothing will every change that.  Second, it is my greatest desire to see you come to know Jesus as your Savior and walk with Him each day.

I have never missed a day of telling your brother and sister I love them and on this, your birth day, I want you to know how much I love you too.  I will always remember our first, best day we spent together.  You are daddy’s little girl and you will always be my little sweetheart.

Good night Miss Sophia Elisabeth Monreal!

Love,

Daddy

1 comment:

Chris Dawes said...

welcome Sophia;


May the Lord heal every hurt you have sustained in this long journey in the light of God that comes from Sophia's smile.

Chris