Monday, May 12, 2008

Parents' 60th Anniversary and Indiana Vacation

Where do people who live in sunny, southern California go on vacation? I mean, we have the beach, the mountains, the city, and a foreign country all within a 45 minute drive in any direction. In addition we have LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, Universal Studio Citywalk and Disneyland. We go to Wisconsin and the Amish country of Indiana!

Actually, the main reason we went was to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary but since we were flying all the way out there we figured we should make a vacation of it and visit my best friend and his wife. The farm country of of Indiana was so peaceful and quiet. No homeless people wandering the streets, there wasn't the incessant police sirens, and we didn't have to worry about walking down the street and getting hit up for money. Also, we didn't see a lot of tagging and gang activity. What a change from El Cajon where our church got tagged on Easter morning!

Here are a few pictures of our trip.

This is a fun shot of Grace. She wears headphones and watches movies on my iPod when we fly. A few Disney movies sure make for a more pleasant four hour plane ride!


These are some fun pictures we took the last week in April while we were getting ready to travel to Wisconsin for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. They love each other so much and enjoy each other so much. I hope they stay like this when they are teenagers!


These are a few pictures of my parents with the kids. My parents were married on May 1, 1948 and just celebrated 60 years of marriage together. It was a great time to see family and spend time together. I'm the youngest of eight kids and together my parents have 17 grandkids and 9 great-grandchildren!


One of the days we were up in Wisconsin the clouds clear away and we were able to go to the park. This is the same park that my parents took me when I was a kid so it was fun to watch the kids play and have fun.


Alexander is such a big boy! It is crazy how much he has grown in just nine months. He was a premie but he has blown by all the growth charts and is actually on the big side for his age. It's crazy how quickly they grow up.


On our way down to Indiana we stopped to visit a great friend of ours, Alex Mrakovich. Alex was in my youth group when I was in Lombard and I had the chance to watch him grow up. He is a junior in college now and has a dynamic walk with the Lord. He is the young man that our son is named after.


Jenn, the family and I spend a week in the middle of Amish country visiting Jon and Julie Dingeldein and their families. Jon and Julie are godparents to Grace and is one of my best friends. What was cool is that our son is named Alexander Jonathan after Alex above and Jon shown in these pictures. Alexander had a chance to spend time with both of them on the same day last Sunday.


These are just a few of the cool shots that we took on vacation. It's funny that this is one of the few pictures I have of the whole family together. On most trips I'm stuck behind the camera.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and always feel free to comment. If you want any of the pictures, click on them which will take you to the full size photo, then right click on your mouse and hit "save photo as" and you should be able to download them to your desktop or a file.

No comments: