Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hawaiian Excursion

First of all, why were we in Hawaii? Oh yeah, this was the District Conference for the South Pacific District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. Is Hawaii a part of your District? Opps, well actually it isn't. But it sure beats going to Bakersfield (all the California people get the joke).


This was actually the only time we got to go to the beach during the week away from Waikiki Beach on Honolulu. If you are familiar with Hawaii you realize that 80% of all the people who live in the state of Hawaii live on the island of Oahu. It was nice but VERY much a big city.


I just love this picture. She just loves to put her face up to mine. I guess just practicing for butting heads with me later in life.

We were about two blocks from the main beach on Waikiki. This was taken one of the nights we walked down to the beach to watch the sunset.


I celebrated my 38th birthday in Hawaii. Actually however this woman is not there to sing happy birthday to me but to serenade Grace (and look for some easy tips from the parents). I was actually surprise that Grace didn't freak out. The lady was loud. Yeah, I broke down and gave the ladies a tip (drat!).

She doesn't do this too often but it is an amazing feat (pardon the pun).

On our final day in Hawaii we visited Pearl Harbor and took the tour out to the USS Arizona. How easily we forget that we were attacked and brought into the war. We were there just days after the 5th anniversary of 9/11. I wonder how many of us see a parallel?

Random shot of Jenn and Grace with torpedo.

We didn't make it to an official luau but we walked on the beach and the local club was having a dance special on the beach.

Jenn made me to do this, I swear!

Finally, this was a shot taken off the balcony. We actually had a great deal on the hotel for two reasons. First, they gave us a special rate of $99 a night because we were part of a conference. Then they cut it in half because our balcony was closed and they were doing repairs from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. We paid $49 per night to stay at the Radisson. Not too bad. Two of the days they weren't even working!

COMING SOON: Pictures of our vacation on Puerto Vallarta Mexico!

2 comments:

J. Grant Dys said...

Umm, I think that's a torpedo, not a missle there, Capt. Columbo.

Oh, and a happy belated birthday!

I was just thinking... said...

Correction noted...jerk.